Article by The Global Spiritual Association
Most of us would love to learn more about meditation. This practice has been around for centuries. It’s a great way to deal with life’s problems. Though there are many different types of meditation, it’s easy to begin. You don’t really need much to get started. But people do have questions about how the practice first originated. They want to know about the different types of meditation.
What is meditation?
There are some great books on the shelves these days that explain what meditation is and how it works. Some of these offer step-by-step instructions for meditating while others explore the history of this ancient art. Below we go over five of the best books on meditation:
1. 365 Tao: Daily Meditations by Ming-Dao Deng-contains unique insights into the centuries old practice of meditation including Chinese philosophy.
2. The Book of Life: Daily Meditations with Krishnamurti by Jiddu Krishnamurti-the author takes much of this book from his lectures as he explains the reason for human existence.
3. Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach-this book focuses on the spiritual journey of one woman but includes many hidden truths about life.
4. Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions by Lori Deschen-the writer developed the content for this book from her blog. It includes frank discussions about pain, suffering, fate, happiness and other fundamentals.
5. 8 Minute Meditations Expanded: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Victor Davich-this book is an easy read and great for beginners. It explains what mindfulness is and includes some short meditation exercises.
Founded by Teacher Zhang Xinyue in the year 1999, The Global Spiritualists Association has become the most renowned Spiritual Growth Research Institute for Spiritual Teachers in the industry. The Global Spiritualists Association continues to attract great Spiritual Teachers from several professional fields around the world.